Once you are tagged you MUST write a blog entry about your 6 weird habits/things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next six people to be tagged and list their names.
1) Every time I enter a bathroom with a shower, I have to pull the shower open and look before I do anything else. It’s a compulsion. Not a super powerful one (if you said “Josh, don’t check the shower and I’ll give you 5 bucks,” I would resist) but strong enough that I do it most every time. I’m sure it stems from some childhood-Hitchockesque-fear. It’s not that I’m actually afraid that I’ll find something if I open the curtain. I’m afraid of what will happen if I don’t. Perhaps it’s because, growing up, I had a water bed – which means I never had a space under my bed – which means I never had monsters under my bed. Incidentally, Dr. Perkins likes to theorize that this is the reason I write the things I write about . . . to make up for lost time.
2) I have a pet serpent that I talk to . . . even though she doesn’t have any ears.
3) I think Reality TV is a sign that society is ready to fall.
4) Dangerous weather conditions (severe thunderstorms, hail, tornados, etc.) turn me on.
5) Being of mellow and fluid disposition, I have oceans of patience for people and animals . . . I have NONE for objects. An object, device, or appliance that does not work properly infuriates me. I will yell at, curse, and browbeat an object into working properly (I tend to do this when I’m alone with said item). And I know, I KNOW, that the device isn’t malfunctioning because it’s damaged, illused, or lacks batteries . . . but because it is being lazy.
6) I feel relaxed and restful in libraries, cemeteries, and old movie theatres playing silent films and all for the same reasons.
Let’s see, I’ll tag some people: