Novels & Novellas
- Dearly Bleak — This is a story of the supernatural and sciences gone wrong, a story of found families, and the story of a frightfully adorable little boy who likes brains. This novella is set in the world of Deviant: The Renegade.
- Strangeness in the Proportion — Boy meets girl. Boy loses girl. Boy gets girl back…one piece at a time. This is a love story. It was written with a scalpel. -REVIEW-
- An Exquisite Corpse — My short story “Doctor Tatterdemalion and the Screaming Season” is featured in this anthology in the RPG world of Dystopia Rising: Evolution.
- PUBG Universe — I helped write the short fiction “Prey for Us Sinners” which further expands the lore of this video game of gloriously pulpy violence.
- Tales of Good Dogs — My short story “Night of the Dancing Plague” is featured in this anthology set in the RPG world of Pugmire.
- Tomorrow’s Cthulhu — My short story “The Five Hundred Days of Ms. Between” is featured in this anthology of Lovecraftian Mythos in the near future. Also available in Kindle edition.
- Madness On the Orient Express — My short story “Stained Windows” is featured in this anthology of Lovecraftian Mythos stories taking place on the Orient Express. Published by Chaosium.
- The Booked. Anthology — My short story “The Mulligan” is featured in this anthology of motley writers brought together by the folks at The Booked. Podcast. Listen to the intro teaser of the story here.
- The Strix Chronicle Anthology — My short story “Lullay, Lullay” is featured in this Vampire the Requiem anthology of the hungry dead and weirdness. Published by Onyx Path.
- Weird Romance: A Sparrow & Crowe Anthology — My short story “Harlow’s Fairytale” is featured in this occult collection of love on the strange. Featuring the characters Dr. Xander Crowe and Sparrow from the audio drama Wormwood: A Serialized Mystery.
- Weird Winter Stories: A Sparrow & Crowe Yuletide Anthology — My short story, “How to Kill Santa” is featured in this collection of weird holiday tales. Featuring the characters Dr. Xander Crowe and Sparrow from the audio drama Wormwood: A Serialized Mystery.
- Book of Dead Things — My short story “Blood, Snow, and Sparrows” can be found in this macabre anthology. You can’t keep the dead down.
Video Game Writing
- New World — I served as a Narrative Designer in this MMO game about a mysterious island where intrepid souls discover the price of immortality.
- Cyrano Story — The ARG promoting Moons of Madness that I wrote for has been converted into a free game on Steam.
- Unleashed — I wrote the lore bible and did world building for this far-future game of rampaging kaiju monsters.
- Moons of Madness — I served as lead writer (as well as a voice acting director) in this Cosmic Horror game of madness on Mars.
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey — I wrote dialogue and storyline for this deadly adventure through the ancient world.
- Secret World Legends — I’ve written storyline, dialogue, and more for this game of occulted, global conspiracies. Everything is true!
- Conan Exiles — I wrote dialogue and item descriptions in this sword and sorcery game of savage survival.
- Hide and Shriek — Everybody scream! I scratched down the character journal and ghastly spell descriptions in this game of competitive scares.
- The Secret World — I wrote the lore entries for this MMO and took over as Lead Writer from 2013 to 2016. “Our wisdom flows so sweet. Taste and see.”
- Age of Conan — I served as Lead Writer for this MMO from 2009 to 2016, writing expansions like “Rise of the Godslayer,” “The Savage Coast of Turan,” “The House of Crom,” and “Secrets of Dragon’s Spine.”
Roleplaying Game Writing (Tabletop & Live Action)
- Scarred Lands: Dead Man’s Rust — I wrote material in this epic adventure scenario that takes players into the RPG world of Scarred Lands.
- Squeaks in the Deep — I wrote material in this sourcebook exploring the weird underworld that lies beneath Pugmire.
- They Came From Beyond the Grave! — I wrote “Chapter 8: The Director’s Chair,” as well as the scenario “The Masque of the Hideous Heart” in this table top roleplaying game of campy horror films and hilarity.
- Trails of Ash and Bone — I wrote the opening fiction as well as the necromantic scenario “Old Wounds” in this book of twisted chronicles for Vampire: The Masquerade (5th edition).
- Chicago Folios — I wrote material for this book set in the horror RPG world of Vampire the Masquerade (5th edition).
- Vigil Watch — I wrote material for this multi-part book expanding the RPG world of Scarred Lands (using the Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition rules). Part 1: The Toe Islands, Part 2: Mansk, Part 3: Leoni, Part 4: The Iron Court, Part 5: The Festering Fields, Part 6: Lokil, and THE COLLECTED VOLUME.
- Morty Corgi’s Scroll of Mysteries — I wrote material for this book set in the RPG world of Pugmire.
- Midwinter LARP — I wrote characters for this dark Live Action Roleplaying Game about enslaved elves in the North Pole.
- Beckett’s Jyhad Diary — I penned the Chicago chapter of this deep dive into the lore of Vampire: The Masquerade
- Secrets of the Covenants — I wrote much of the Ordo Dracul chapter in this book set in the horror pen & paper RPG world of Vampire: the Requiem.
- Lore of the Clans — I wrote the Followers of Set and Tzimisce chapters in this book for the Vampire the Masquerade pen & paper RPG game.
- Vampire the Requiem (2nd Edition) — Originally titled Blood & Smoke: the Strix Chronicle. I wrote the Clans section and Chapter 2: The All Night Society in this revision of Vampire the Requiem setting. You’re not human tonight…
- The Hunters Hunted II — I wrote the section on the Society of Leopold (and the Epilogue in Chapter Six) in this pen & paper RPG game book for Vampire the Masquerade.
Alternate Reality Game (ARG) Writing
- Tender: Blood for Trade — I served as lead writer in this sequel to the original guerrilla transmedia marketing campaign promoting Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2.
- Cyrano Story — I worked as lead writer on this ARG (alternate reality game) which served as the transmedia marketing campaign to announce Moons of Madness.
- The Tender Beta Project — I worked with both Paradox Interactive and Alice & Smith as lead writer on this ARG (alternate reality game) which served as the guerrilla transmedia marketing campaign to announce Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2.
- Cyrano Story — I supplied the narrator voice for the introduction to this ARG that was converted into a Steam game.
- Tender: Blood for Trade — I performed the voice of “Remora” a twisted ghoul for this ARG set in the horror RPG world of Vampire the Masquerade. A playlist of those recordings can be found HERE.
- New World: Vitae Aeternum — This interactive audio drama is set in the world of the MMO New World.
- “The Five Hundred Days of Ms. Between” — Recorded on The Drabblecast.
- “Opening Dante’s Inferno…” — Recorded on The Dribblecast.
- “Blood, Snow, and Sparrows” — Recorded on Psuedopod.
- “A Beast I Am…” — Posted at Flames Rising as part of The Vampire Retrospective Project.
- “How can you write this stuff and not get screwed up?” — Article on horror writing at Nascentnovelist.